February 19, 2013

Parenthood.



February 16th, our baby boy turned 1 month old! I cannot believe I am the mother of a 1 month old human being. Parenthood has been the craziest, most life giving, hilarious, tiring, wonderful roller coaster ride of my life.

Ben and I still look at Liam every day and wonder how this gift of a perfect little boy is ours. We stare at him constantly and remind each other that he is the sweetest most beautiful baby to ever exist... and then cuddle, baby talk, and kiss the crap out of him! We are so thankful to be his parents and to be figuring it out together.

Obviously, becoming parents hasn't always been a perfect or even easy transition...

There were a few nights when I was running on maybe 4 hours of sleep, listening to Liam's "dragon cry", and staring at the wall wondering why God didn't give men boobs and breast milk.

It is a productive day if I manage to change clothes and brush my teeth.

I talk to myself on the reg.

I set goals for myself like, walk outside at least once today or make up a reason to go to Target.

Those first few sleepless nights and the constant worrying about whether or not we were doing everything right were pretty overwhelming, but the Lord has been so gracious to us. Liam is happy and healthy, we have a ton of help from family and friends, and Ben and I still like each other :)

We are so excited about this adventure of living life as a family of 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment