June 20, 2013

A Bittersweet Goodbye

During the past few months I feel like I was given a glimpse into Ben's life before I knew him. Having Austin in Raleigh, I was able to see first hand the kind of relationship they had always shared not only as brothers, but as best friends. 

Obviously the entire time I've been in the picture, Ben and Austin have been close - but living in the same place for the first time since high school, spending every day together working for the same company, and playing golf on the weekends, I began to understand the relationship/friendship/bromance their family had always described. The sweetest part about understanding Ben and Austin's relationship has been being able to share in it myself. 

Austin always stayed with us randomly, but for the past month he lived in our guest room and became the fourth member of our family before moving back to Concord. Throughout his time here, Austin went from being my brother in law to one of my best friends. We discovered that Chai Tea has a calming affect that brings out the "real talk" in us, we shared a common interest in trashy reality TV, we developed an intense addiction to Chick-fil-a cookies n cream milkshakes, and most importantly we found that we are both quality time people. 

personal trainer kicking my butt 


To send Austin off, we decided to make a Raleigh Bucket List for his last week in town. We managed to cross every one of them off and Ben and I were both able to spend some good one on one time with him before he left. 

Pedicure Date! 
Twins
We ended the weekend with our tradition - Tribeca Sundays at Tribeca Tavern where we ate dinner with the Wright family and Austin was able to order his favorite chicken fingers in the world one last time :) 


I am so thankful for the time Austin spent with us in our home. I know that God orchestrated our living together to cultivate a special relationship between Austin, Ben, and I that would not have happened otherwise. 

We love you Austin!





No comments:

Post a Comment