February 17, 2014

Liam's 1st Birthday Party

Let me tell you one thing, I was not prepared for the amount of pressure that comes with planning your first baby's 1st birthday party while living in the Pinterest era! 

I would love to be one of those mom's who plans month's ahead of time, goes all out on a theme, hand makes crafts, and goes the extra mile to bake an organic apple sauce cake...but lets get real...that will never be me. 

I'm pretty confident that Liam didn't mind the lack of hand crafted details because the one thing that IS me and is really important to the Wright trio is the presence of those we love creating memories with us.  With that at the top of my list, Liam's birthday party was an overwhelming success! So many people we love came to our house to celebrate our boy and it has easily become one of my favorite memories of Liam's life. 




Thanks to Liam's grandparents, aunts, and uncles, the decor, food, and drinks came together perfectly. With their help, the party was truly a joy to plan and host.







I absolutely loved all of the activity going on inside, outside, and all around our house. The weather was perfect and allowed for some chats around the fire pit, fish feeding, and chicken chasing :)












Liam's little friends are the most fun and the MOST precious buddies in the world...look at these faces: 









My friends are pretty cute too: 



After hanging out for a while and letting the babies play, we all gathered in the family room where we opened presents (with the help of Maggie and Mary Eden) and sang Happy Birthday to Liam. I think it's safe to say that was his favorite time of the night as he clapped for himself the entire time we sang!




We brought out the cake and it was pretty anti-climatic. I fed him some icing but that was about all the action we got.





Friends and family hung around and we finished up the party feeling so loved, so overwhelmed by the generosity of others, and so nostalgic about our baby toddler boy!


















Happy Birthday, Liam boy. We love you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment