August 12, 2012

it's a...

BOY! 


Haleluuuujiah! Seriously. 

It has been a crazy week since Monday, when we found out we were going to be parents to a baby boy. I have lots of excuses for neglecting to blog about this huge news, including craziness at work and both the hubs and I being bed ridden with sickness BUT here we go, better late than never. 

Monday morning Ben and I both had to work, but I think I got the better deal with being able to work from home. I was able to get lunch and hang out with 2 of my closest friends for an hour or so leading up to the appointment. I don't know if we were just chatting away about other things and having too much fun to focus on what was about to happen, but I was so thankful to have something to focus on besides watching the minutes pass by on the clock. Before I knew it, it was 1:45pm and I was late, speeding to the doctors office - sorry Ben. 

At the appointment, they got us in right away and took us straight back to get the ultrasound. I think I was expecting a really emotional, sweet gender reveal from the ultrasound tech...but here's about how it went: 
tech: "So are you two going to want to find out the gender today?" 
B&E: "Yes ma'am, we are!" (Ben grabbing my hand and smiling from ear to ear) 
tech: "Ok, well here's the perfect shot"
B&E- no idea what we're looking at. 
tech: "Aaaand, there's his little scrotum" 
pause
Ben: "So it's a boy!" 
tech: "Yep" 

And that's how we found out we were having a boy - not even a little bit how I thought it would go, but WE'RE HAVING A BOY! :) Homegirl needs some coaching on bedside manner/excitement - especially with first time parents! After the rest of the routine check up's for me, we were out of there and ready to start gearing up for the celebration! 

Ben's family is spread all over the state so they weren't able to make it, but we made sure they were the first to know our news. After a few fun phone calls with the Wright's, I headed to pick up the pinata for the big reveal. 

I really have to give all the credit and a BIG thank you to my mom and my sister for the best gender reveal party EVER. They put so much thought and time into all the little details: 


Baby Bump!

Who will be the winner??

I have the best BFF in the world - Auntie Kate drove all the way from Charlotte just to be with us for the news!

Grandma takes the first hit...

Big Jim was next...

You can tell by that face that Uncle Joe smashed it...

Celebrating! 

Aunt Jamie got to see the whole thing from Mississippi! 

Thankful for these girls

Team Boy - Winners! 

Team Girl - still cuties :)


This really was a night that Ben and I will remember forever. We got to celebrate some of the biggest news we will ever receive with family and best friends. We are so thankful for every single one of you and cannot wait for our little boy to grow up knowing you and learning from each of you! Please continue to pray with us that he will grow healthy and strong, that Ben and I would seek the Lord through this pregnancy and as we become parents, and that our little one would know and love Jesus! 

We love y'all! 

1 comment:

  1. Elkie and Ben
    What a blessing it was to be with you guys when you found out about your precious little boy !! I am so excited for you and you all are going to be the BEST parents ever !! Elkie I have loved you since the daY we found out your MOM and DAD were expecting.......God gave us our beautiful Elkie and life was just bursting with JOY !! Ben, I have loved you ever since you proposed to our girl in that sweet barn ! God for sure made you two for each other and now he is blessing you with your son !! much. much love !! JJ

    ReplyDelete