October 11, 2012

::nesting::

A few weekends ago I lost my mind. 

I think months of pregnancy emotion came spilling out at once and the only solution was talking about making some progress in the nursery. Don't ask me what happened...I'm just going to blame it on what they call "nesting". 

Well, thankfully, Ben knows how to love me through those moments and started dialing. Within minutes, we had bought a crib! I don't know why but making that decision and being done with the first big purchase for little boy's room felt like a weight had been lifted and we were actually about to start working on a nursery! It made it feel a little more real. 

So a few days later, Pottery Barn called and said the crib had arrived in the store and was ready to be picked up. I drove there in my little Jetta thinking it would be fine, but I severely underestimated the size of a crib. While a teenage boy with noodle arms loaded the crib for an hour, I channeled my inner MacGyver and strapped it down with a bungee cord I found in my trunk...thank you, Ben. 

But I made it home from Durham, crib still in tow. 


Joe came over for some extra muscle



That same weekend, we also chose a paint color. In our defense, these samples all looked gray/blue online...not purple or pink. 



We ended up going with Valspar Sea Salt Blue and we love it! 

Pictures of our progress coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment