November 1, 2012

-girls weekend-

i had been looking forward to this past weekend for months and months and now that it's over i have no idea how to summarize it. i have been so blessed by these friendships over the years. now that my life looks very different than it did a few years ago and my friends and i are all growing up and moving away and becoming real people with jobs and bills and houses and boyfriends and husbands and now a baby - i have become aware of how rare the relationships i have with this group of girls are. i have known these girls for a long time - some since i was an insecure baby middle schooler and some since college, but all have had a significant impact on who i am. 


graduating from college and going our separate ways has made me thankful for these girls in a way i didn't recognize before. when i say we have known each other for a long time, i really mean that word. knowing someone has brought on a whole new meaning since not being surrounded by these girls in my everyday life. i am confident that these girls know me, they know my ugliness, they get my sarcastic humor, they challenge me, they show me Christ, they pray for me, they celebrate life with me, they care for me through struggles, and they are the people that i know will love me and my growing family the rest of my life. 


they are also the people that i laugh with the most in this world....seriously, they are WEIRD and i love every second of it. we have done a trip once or twice a year throughout college and these trips make up some of my favorite memories:



back to this past weekend - thank you so much for making me feel so celebrated! i really am so thankful that you could all (almost all! we missed you elisa, virginia and katy!) make it. a big big thank you to kate comer monts for getting all of us together and planning such a great weekend/shower! 

a few of my favorite things from the weekend:

-7 personal shoppers 
-discovering charlotte - who knew it was so big?? 
-mustache pacie's 
-kate's reaction to me wearing ben's men's L shirt in public 
-fat Amy
-pregasaurus references 
-shirley temple's
-friends feeling baby boy move for the first time
-cookie butter
-a murder scene in the freezer, thanks merry
-eating all day every day
-Jesse
-cowfish
-constantly looking for emily maynard 
-cozy lounging at the wright's 
-family style breakfast at the grown up table 
-caitlin's hour long conversation with a stranger 
-sour patch kids 
-talking, talking, and more talking to my favorite girls in this world 
-fall weather 
-getting a gift certificate to get a massage! 

i love you all so much, can't wait for baby boy to meet all of his aunties!! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment