April 11, 2013

Roadtrippin

So when everyone talks about how much is involved in traveling with a baby, they're not being dramatic, it takes a LOT of planning and packing everything you own to make it happen. Our new family of 3 - sorry dogs didn't make the cut - successfully made it through our first two road trips. 

:: Brevard, NC :: 

Ben and I couldn't wait to take Liam to Brevard, so pretty much right after he was born Megan and I started planning a weekend for us to come hang out, experience being moms together, and introduce Liam to more family! When Liam was 8 weeks old, we were able to take a long weekend and left Raleigh after Ben got off work on a Thursday. I had no idea how long it would take to pack all of us and it definitely wouldn't have happened if my mom hadn't come over to entertain Liam while I scrambled and made list after list checking off things we needed to bring with us. We somehow made it happen and Liam was perfect the entire trip - I was shocked at how well he did on that long of a car ride. To make things go a little quicker I pumped and fed him a bottle while we stopped and ate dinner which worked out great. 

When we finally arrived late Thursday night, sweet Grandmerle was waiting up for us and got to meet her great grandson for the first time!


Friday, Megan and I got to have a mom day - just us and the kids :) It was so fun to spend time together  catching up and talking about our lives in the midst of the chaos of our 3 kids! 

The best part may have been getting to see Sullivan and Eli meet and interact with their new cousin!



Saturday, Ben's parents joined us and we had a FULL day. We packed in all of our favorites - Grandmerle's big breakfast, girls shopping trip, and a family hike to Triple Falls. 










That night Robert and Ann babysat for all the grandkids so we could go on a double date with Megan and EJ. It was such a gift to be able to spend time with each other as couples, not just as moms and dads. Even though we came home to a crying baby who I know had to have driven his grandparents insane, it was a wonderful day and the best first trip as a family of 3 we could have asked for!

:: Holden Beach :: 

Our second trip with Liam was to Holden Beach with the Wrights for Easter. I got a little cocky and didn't make my lists for this trip, which was dumb because I forgot a few pretty essential things - like my pump and ALL toiletries - but you know, we survived. Liam was awesome in the car once again and since the beach is only 3 hours away, we didn't have to stop to feed him!

Easter weekend was unfortunately really really cold, but we had fun introducing Liam to the beach for the first time even if we were rocking hoodies on the beach.





Liam got so much love in his Easter best:




Ben, Austin, Graham, and Laney had to leave Sunday to get back for work but I was able to stay with everyone else through Thursday - love my new job :). Even though it never did really warm up, we tried our best to get outside for walks on the beach and bike rides. I can't wait to get back to Holden with the whole family this summer when it's warm and I have a mobile baby! 


No comments:

Post a Comment