May 18, 2013

families, firsts, & farewells

This past weekend was another busy one with lots to celebrate...

Friday night kicked off the weekend with a visit from Aunt Jamie! Jamie hadn't seen Liam since the week he was born, which blows my mind, and she finally made it home from Ole Miss to come love on her nephew!


On Saturday, Ben, Liam, and I spent the morning working at the North Hills Farmers Market selling the produce, meat, and eggs from Pinhole Farm. Pinhole Farm is a certified organic farm in Louisburg, NC that Ben and 2 other guys founded. Ben will have to do a more in depth post about Pinhole, but for now check them out on Facebook!


Later that afternoon, Ben's family and Laney's family met us back at our house for a graduation cookout to celebrate Graham graduating from NC State and Laney graduating from Appalachian State with her masters degree. Since Mother's Day was the next day, it was perfect timing to also be able to celebrate Ben's mom and grandma's in person!


Of course we had to get as many family pictures with as many different combinations of family members as possible:

Pops and Nan with Liam

Grandmama & Grandaddy's first time meeting Liam! 

Pop Pop, Grandmerle, and Liam 
4 generations of Wright men

seester graduate! 

The Bolick's with the graduates! 

Sunday morning, Ben and Austin brought me my favorites from Panera for breakfast. (I was lucky enough to be celebrated by 2 Wright boys this weekend!)  Later, we headed to church and then to a special Mother's Day lunch at my parents house.  

Liam loves his Mamo & Bill

Sweet brother 

So fun having Jamie home!

Jamie & I have some great examples to learn from 
It was such a pretty day, so after lunch Ben, Jamie, Austin, and I took Liam and all of the crazy dogs on a walk and ended up at...duh frozen yogurt.

2 sets of twins?
That night, Ben brought home some fancy takeout and wine and we got to spend a low key night at home with our little boy.

Notice the logo's - definite Ben Wright choices 
My first Mother's Day was full of all of the things I love - great quality time with the people I love, good food and wine, and such thoughtful notes and gifts. (p.s. Ben got us tickets to see The Lumineers!)

It still doesn't seem real that I am now able to call myself a mom! These past few months of trying to figure it out have held some of the hardest, most sleep deprived, bring me to my knees moments but have also held the sweetest, most life giving, indescribably beautiful moments of my life. I am so thankful that the Lord has given me the incredible gift of becoming a wife and a mom and even more thankful that his grace covers all of the times I have already and will continue mess up.

Even though the transition hasn't always been easy, I have a million questions every single day, and my house is often filled with the sounds of a wailing baby or cluttered with endless laundry and toys, I wouldn't trade the role I have been given in this little man's life for anything in the world:


Also, for any mom's in need of encouragement:

So God Made a Mother

Happy Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment