December 23, 2012

6:: Attend “A Christmas Carol” at Memorial Auditorium


As a part of my birthday request this year, I asked my family if we could go see A Christmas Carol - it is such a fun tradition for my family and I just can't seem to let go of it. There are so many memories associated with this play for our family: my dad grew up in teeny tiny Enfield, NC with a tight knit group of friends who all seemed to move to Raleigh at some point. One of those friends is Ira David Wood who plays Scrooge - so growing up the Enfield crowd would always go support the play and it became such a fun way to kick off the Christmas season. Another one of my favorite memories at this play was my first real date with Ben. My whole family and the entire Enfield clan were planning on going to the play and to the Angus Barn for dinner afterwards - so what better way to introduce Ben than to throw him right into the craziness! It was one of the funniest nights of my life because Ben was SO shy and my family was having the best time embarrassing him - poor Ben - not much has changed. 


This year did not disappoint, the play was amazing as usual and we went out to dinner after to celebrate my birthday with family - such a great night. Thanks Mom and Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment